- California State Courts
- U.S District Court Northern District of California
"Our clients are often workers - the men and women who built this country - and they deserve an advocate who will fight for them not only with their heads, but also with their hearts." - Shannon Patel
Shannon Patel was born in San Francisco and is a fourth-generation Bay Area native. During law school, she discovered her passion for health law and policy and served as a law clerk for the United States Department of Health and Human Services. She also cofounded the Hastings Health Law Organization, which has since joined forces with the UCSF School of Medicine to promote advocacy and raise awareness on behalf of critical health issues affecting the local community.
Following graduation Shannon channeled her passion for healthcare advocacy into representing men and women with mesothelioma and their families, garnering considerable success as she built a thriving asbestos-litigation practice. Recently she obtained more than $20 million in settlements on behalf of mesothelioma clients and their families, including an eight-figure settlement from a single defendant in a wrongful death action. As the managing attorney for the firm’s mesothelioma practice, Shannon oversees and coordinates mesothelioma cases from initial intake through trial and settlement to ensure each client receives the maximum compensation and best customer care available. Shannon further serves as a mentor to the firm’s associates on the mesothelioma team.
Shannon lives with her husband and two children in the East Bay, where she and her family enjoy rooting for local sports teams (go Giants!), going to Disneyland and spending as much time as possible in the outdoors.
Contact Info:1160 Battery East #100
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: (888) 426-4156 | (415) 426-3000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2005
- University of California, San Diego, California, Bachelor of Science, 2002
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Devices
- Toxic Torts
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Trial Attorneys Association
Awards and Distinctions:
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence – Negotiation and Settlement
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence – Legal Writing & Research
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Advanced Legal Research
- Best Brief Award, Honorable Mention – Moot Court